Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Monday, February 12, 2018

Revit Tip - The "Site Settings" Dialog




Well, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...

Last week, I posted about missing secondary contour lines.  Until now, my solution was to simply move the topography up so that there were no "negative" contour values.  Ivan (from BIM Level) commented on the post and flipped my world upside down.

After over ten years of using Revit, I found a dialog box that I have honestly never even seen before...  I can admit it.  Ivan, you've humbled me.


Continue reading to learn about the "Site Settings" dialog and where it is located...




In last weeks post, I mentioned how negative contour values led to no secondary contours being shown.

Not only can the "Site Settings" dialog can modify the "Start" and "Stop" values of secondary contours, but it can also add more contours if you want....

So, where is this sneaky little setting...  Right on your ribbon!




See it?  It's the little "down and to the right" arrow under Massing and Site > Model Site tab on the ribbon....

What does it look like?



Cool... Look at all the stuff I can do!!!

I can change the intervals and fix the issue I posted about:


And... Look at that! I can change how far down the topography "Poche" goes and modify it's cut material!!



Wow....  How about that?


Did you know about this window?  If so, why didn't you tell me?!!?